The race is back to its normal weekend in June for 2023.
Race HQ is at Princetown Community Centre. We'll have our own race village again with camping for tents and motorhomes, as well as the Friday night pasta party and of course the legendary Saturday night disco.
The Dartmoor Discovery, or DD as it's affectionately known, is the UK's longest single lap road ultra marathon.
It has gained somewhat of a cult status on the running circuit and is one of those races that runners have to have on their CV.
The race starts and finishes in Princetown. The 32-mile 899 yard course takes you up and down some of the toughest hills that Dartmoor has to offer. There are 10 feeding stations on route, nine of which you can leave your own personal drinks at. A bespoke quality DD medal and technical t-shirt awaits anyone crossing the finish line in under the 6 1/2 hour cut off time.
- The longest single lap road ultra marathon in the UK
- 260 race limit - sold out the previous 9 years!
- 6 1/2 hour race cut off time
- Personal drinks can be left at 9 of the 10 drink stations
- Quality bespoke medal for all finishers
- Technical t-shirt for all finishers
- Free food at the finish
- Free massage at the finish
- Bag store
- PA system
- Free race photos
- Friday night pasta party
- Free legendary after race disco
- Camping (tents and motorhomes)
- £200 for new Male or Female course record
- £25 for any new vet category course record
- 1st 3 Males, 1st 3 Females
- 1st & 2nd MV40,45,50,55,60, 1st MV65,70
- 1st & 2nd FV35,40,45,50, 1st FV55,60
- 1st Male and Female Newcomer
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Male teams (3 to count)
- 1st, 2nd Female teams (3 to count)
- Camping is available on the football pitch, just behind Race HQ
- We also have 16 level spaces (hard standing) for motorhomes
- There will be 24 hour access to toilets and showers on site
- Pitches are available from Friday 2nd June (3pm) till Sunday 4th June (11am) and are priced at £10 per night